BLOGGER, CARTOONIST, CYCLIST, BEARD OWNER & NORTHMAN

DESCENDED FROM NORSE KINGS & NORMAN INVADERS

Saturday 13 August 2016

1608.13 BRACE YOURSELF WALES...

The time is upon us. It's time for our annual holiday. A lot of people I know get 3 or 4 a year but we just get one shot at this so it has to be right.

06:20 - It's an early start. The car is loaded and (hopefully) everything is prepared. We have a long journey ahead, it's a journey I really enjoy. The actual milage is about 200 miles but the miles are through Snowdonia National Park and some of the most breathtaking areas in the UK.
Rags said I should be good at Tetris. 
We were a little behind schedule getting underway leaving at about 6:55 but I expected that since I wanted to delay going to bed until I'd seen the Olympic Men's Team Pursuit Track Cycling final which resulted in a gold medal for Team GB and made Bradley Wiggins the UK's most decorated Olympian.

08:32 - We've stopped at Chester services off the M56 as we usually do. Looks like the place has had a makeover. 
Next stop will be in Wales.

10:26 - We've  stopped for food at Bala Lake just on the edge of Snowdonia National Park. Time to break out the picnic. We shared our food!
Rags feeding the ducks
10:54 - Time to carry on our journey, I get a break from driving as Morticia takes a turn (I'll be back at the helm before Aberystwyth). Time to sit back and enjoy the view.
We took a comfort stop in Machynlleth then continued through Aberystwyth at with point I took back over driving duties.  We then continued following the coast to our destination. 6½ hours on the road and 196 miles travelled. Finally at the place in the world I feel most at ease in.

Time for a pint of Brains! 

No comments: